Practical application: carbine
In collaboration with guest firearm instructors, SafeFire presents Practical Application: Carbine. In a real gun fight nothing stands still, which is why it’s important to learn how to properly move with a firearm. Throughout this course, you will learn target identification, weapon manipulations, and clearing corners as well as transitioning from your primary to your secondary weapon.
This course will utilize SafeFire’s shoothouse; containing walls, hallways, and rooms. Skills learned from this course can be applied in the real world for a home defense scenario, active shooter, and/or personal protection.
This class is Approximately 4 hours long.
- Carbine with either iron sights or an optic (Must be able to shoulder)
- Duty-size handgun with strong side retention holster (9mm Min)
- 2 spare magazines with mag holder
- Sturdy belt that properly supports the shooter’s gear
- Dump pouch (optional)
- 200 rounds for carbine / 50 rounds for pistol
- Eye protection and ear protection (electronic preferred)
- 2-point sling (Strongly suggested for weapons transitioning)