The chart gives a brief overview of what will be introduced and what will be reinforced in the class.
This course makes sure that the student is proficient with their firearm and prepares them to learn drills that will be necessary for the coming classes. This course will go through various drills that will make sure that the student knows their firearm and can fire at a quicker pace. This class is approximately 4 hours long.
This class will prepare you for skill level 3 competition such as: Bowling Pin Shoots, GSSF, and ASI.
(want to know more about our skill levels? Click here).
Prerequisite: Handgun Essentials or life experience (clearance from an instructor required)
Please provide & Bring:
- Full size or Compact handgun (No sub-compacts or pocket guns please)
- 5 snap caps (dummy practice rounds) of correct caliber
- At least 2 magazines. 3 is recommended.
- Quality OWB holster that will retain handgun securely while moving
- 2 belt-worn magazine holders
- Sturdy belt that properly supports the shooter’s gear
- 200 rounds of ammunition – Bring your own or purchase ammo at the rental desk.
- Appropriate range attire (t-shirt and jeans or something comfortable and practical. closed toe shoes only please)
- Eye & ear protection (rentals available)
We will Provide:
- Certificate of Completion with a free hour of range time and $10 off competition